Helping you succeed in a complex field
Suppose you don't have a packaging degree or need more knowledge to deliver solutions drawn from increasingly complex options. In that case, IoPP's Fundamentals of Packaging Technology course can help you fill in the gaps. It teaches you about every significant packaging segment, and you grow professionally.
"It filled in knowledge gaps about processes we do that I had limited exposure to."
—Josh Peters, Senior Designer, Emerson Tool Company
If choosing the in-person, onsite option, take as few as 2-1/2 days to cover a specific subject area, such as plastics or paperboard. Or, get the "big picture" of packaging by taking all ten days. The Fundamentals of Packaging Technology course is divided into four semesters. Each is 2-1/2 days long, covering specific topics such as paper, plastics, cans, and bottles. Semesters include information on decorating, labeling, protective packaging, closures, and machinery—a thorough exploration of Packaging 101. Take one semester at a time, in any order, or take all four semesters, and choose the topics you need to reach the level of professional development you want.
Get a detailed semester breakdown.
Check in-person dates and locations and see registration information if taking Fundamentals onsite.
Fundamentals of Packaging Technology delivers information reviewed by subject matter experts in the most effective ways possible:
- In-Person sessions are informal. They allow small group discussions and individual attention.
- In-Person sessions allow you to handle actual samples of packages and review packages.
- Instructors provide multimedia presentations and videos illustrate the latest packaging materials, containers, components, and techniques.
- Hands-on sessions allow active participation and individual problem-solving.
- A complete set of slides in workbook form provide a handy reference tool to bring back to your desk.
"I found all the information from the course useful—great course!"
—Dustin Miller, Boehringer-Ingelheim
Who should attend?
IoPP's Fundamentals of Packaging Technology course is for anyone who needs to know more about packaging materials, their properties, and other packaging basics. You can benefit from the course if you are:
- New to packaging and need a broad introduction
- A manager who needs a more comprehensive view of packaging
- A sales rep who wants to expand your technical background
- An engineer or technician with part-time responsibility in packaging
- A packaging professional changing your focus needs to come "up to speed" in a new area of packaging
- A purchasing professional who needs more technical depth
- A student or professional preparing for certification
This course is for technical, non-technical, and management personnel. Material is discussed in-depth with easy-to-understand explanations.
"Concepts were explained with simple diagrams. Non-technical people would understand most of the concepts."
—Food & Drug Administration staff attendee
Instructors who are professionals
IoPP's Fundamentals of Packaging Professionals is taught by a hand-picked team of packaging professionals with exceptional qualifications. Read the instructors' bios.
"I now appreciate the packaging details, especially given the instructors' knowledge. Their experience in the industry was phenomenal. Good detail about packaging types I wasn't familiar with; I am looking forward to applying the information about pallet efficiencies at my job."
—Mike Gosselin, Quality and Product Development Manager, Pacific Bag Inc.
IoPP is a leader in serving the packaging community's continuing educational needs. The scope of knowledge encompassed by our 5,000+ members touches every aspect of packaging. It forms the base for education that helps our professional members do their jobs better.