Helping you succeed in a complex field
If you don't have a packaging degree or need more knowledge to deliver solutions drawn from increasingly complex options, then IoPP's Fundamentals of Packaging Technology course can help you fill in the gaps. It teaches you about every major packaging segment, and you grow professionally.
If choosing the in-person, onsite option, take as few as 2-1/2 days to cover a specific subject area, such as plastics or paperboard. Or, get the "big picture" of packaging by taking all 10 days. The Fundamentals of Packaging Technology course is divided into four semesters. Each is 2-1/2 days long and covers specific topics such as paper, plastics, cans, and bottles. Semesters include information on decorating, labeling, protective packaging, closures, and machinery—a thorough exploration of Packaging 101. Take one semester at a time, in any order, or take all four semesters. Choose the topics you need to reach the level of professional development you want.
Get a detailed semester breakdown.
Fundamentals of Packaging Technology delivers information reviewed by subject matter experts in the most effective ways possible:
- In-Person sessions are informal. They allow small group discussions and individual attention.
- In-Person sessions allow you to handle actual samples of packages and review packages.
- Instructors provide multimedia presentations and videos illustrate the latest packaging materials, containers, components and techniques.
- Hands-on sessions allow active participation and individual problem solving.
- A complete set of course slides, in workbook form, provide a handy reference tool to bring back to your desk.
Who should attend?
IoPP's Fundamentals of Packaging Technology course is for anyone who needs to know more about packaging materials and their properties and other packaging basics. You can benefit from the course if you are:
- New to packaging and need a broad introduction
- A manager who needs a wider view of packaging
- A sales rep who wants to expand your technical background
- An engineer or technician with part-time responsibility in packaging
- A packaging professional who is changing focus and needs to "come up to speed" in a new area of packaging
- A purchasing professional who needs more technical depth
- A student or professional preparing for certification
This course is for technical, non-technical, and management personnel. Material is discussed in-depth with easy-to-understand explanations.
Instructors who are professionals
A hand-picked team of packaging professionals with special qualifications teaches IoPP's Fundamentals of Packaging Professionals. Read the instructors' bios.