Does your job or management scope cover packaging machinery?
Do you need to integrate package development with machine capabilities?
Packaging Machinery: Basics is a 2-1/2 day seminar that can help you:
Who Should Attend?
- Create effective packages by knowing how they run on line equipment
- Learn how to deliver efficient packaging line performance
- See how to integrate machinery into the overall packaging equation
- Get 'hands on' instruction to see concepts in operation on actual machines
- Get focused information to help you advance your career
Any packaging professional who needs more training in packaging machinery to enhance their value to their company.Register Now for 2020 Courses!2020 Course Dates:
Fall: October 5 - 7, 2020IoPP Member Costs:
Elite Member: $1,045
Premium Member: $1,175
Regular member: $1,240Non-Member Cost:
$1,305Where is the Course Held?The Frain Group
245 East North Ave
Carol Stream, IL 60188
Near Chicago's O'Hare AirportSuggested Hotel:Hampton Inn
205 W North Avenue
Carol Stream, IL 60188
(630) 681-9200Attendees are responsible for making their own transportation and hotel accommodations.What is the Seminar?
It covers the key types of packaging equipment and management issues.
- From line-loading to case-sealing
- Automated vs. semi-automated vs. manual - pros and cons of each
- Instantaneous vs. sustained speeds
- Controls - PLCs, HMIs, servo motors, smart machines, displays, sensors
- Flexible packaging machines - form/fill/seal, bundling, wrapping
- Semi-rigid-thermoforms, cartons, cases, tray packers
- Rigid-plastic, glass, tubes, cans
- Cappers and labeling
- Automated packaging inspection, verification and RFID
- Machine vision, inspection
- Understanding documentation
- Principles of packaging line design
for the full course outline.Who Teaches the Course?
John Henry, CPP, is a 20-plus-year veteran of packaging and plant operations. He brings his real-world experience with equipment issues to the seminar. The value of his consulting practice - changeover.com - moved him into the role of author and speaker on packaging machinery. Audiences at PACK EXPO shows have heard him speak, and his regular column in Food & Drug Packaging Magazine delivers machinery insights. He teaches at the Polytechnic University of Puerto Rico.Read John's Extended Bio.Cancellation Policy:
This policy covers the liability of cost of a cancellation or change. Cancellation or rescheduling must be made in writing or by email with confirmation of receipt from IoPP. The following fees apply if you cancel OR change semesters:
*Remaining balance will be issued as a credit ONLY. This credit has a one-year expiration date to be used towards future IoPP educational offerings. No refunds will be given.Questions?
- More than 30 days prior to the event is a $110 cancellation/change fee per semester
- 30 to 14 days prior to the event is a $160 cancellation/change fee per semester
- Less than 14 days prior to the event is a $240 cancellation/change fee per semester
- No-shows to the event are charged $240 cancellation/change fee per semester
Contact Barbara Dykes at email@example.com or (571) 485-8739Hosted By:Frain Industries